Sunday, May 23, 2010

I left my heart...


..in Manitou Springs. Who would have thought I would fall so madly in love with this little town just about an hour away from Denver. I remember loving it as a kid. We would go camping there and play in the arcade. I haven't been there in probably 25 years. Recently, we passed through Manitou with a group of friends, and we were left longing to spend more time in this little artful oasis.

So...when one of my new stores, "Safron" asked Fern and Sprout to do a trunk show on Friday, I jumped at the chance.

Back to that in just a moment.

First, I had to make it through Field Day. So fun watching my boys compete, (although sometimes Evan gets upset if he doesn't get a blue ribbon)...


and the weather was PERFECT!

The day was so hectic, but we finally made it down to Manitou just in time to set up for the show.





Here are some snapshots of Safron's beautiful shop.




The store is jam-packed with inspiration. This is Safron...

She has such an eye for beautiful treasures...
...and these are her little pink tulle rosette shoeclips.

We met so many fantastic people that evening and drank champagne with organic blueberry juice and YUMMY cheese. mmmmm! These women were FANTASTIC!!!





This is Anna...doesn't she look STUNNING in the new Fascinators by Fern and Sprout?






And in her little black tulle rosette shoeclips...

After the show, which was a great success, Safron treated us to dinner and drinks at a restaurant called "Shuga's." This place is frickin' cool.




Better than any bar or restaurant in Denver, right now. Me looooooooooooooooove!
The drinks were so snazzy, too!


After our late dinner, we headed back to Safron's house. She had invited us to stay in her studio space for the night. I have to say...she has one of the most amazing living and working spaces I've ever seen. I had died and gone to Heaven!! There's so much to see and I think you all know how much I love eye candy. :) Her studio was so inspiring. Take a look...



















I can't remember the last time I was so inspired by someone's home/workspace. However, that was only the studio - a carriage house behind her home. Tomorrow, I will share some pics of her home and the fantastic fun we had in my new favorite town...just a hop, skip, and a jump away from here!!

Stay tuned...but for now,

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...