Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Happy Place

This week, I have been spending time in my very favorite place:
MY STUDIO!
Oh...how I've missed you!  I haven't been there all summer, so during the past few days, I've really been enjoying my time there.

One of my favorite things about my studio is the location.  I can walk down the street, to one of my favorite yummy spots, Pajama Baking Company.
As I walk down the block, there are sooooooooooo many amazing flowers.  Love them!

They make me so happy!

I spent the day rearranging my studio.  Photos to come!!

On a different note...
Ever since school started, the monkeys have been bugging me to get them some "silly bands."  Apparently, all the kids are wearing them.  Don't I sound old when I say that?  :) 

These bracelets are sold in different shapes, like cars and animals and super heros.  Some are even glow-in-the-dark.  My monkeys were BEGGING me to get them some.
Well...I finally caved.

I was thinking, "What's the big deal?  These are dumb little pieces of rubber."  But then I remembered when I was a kid.  
I just HAD to have a rainbow shirt,
 
a single, white glove,
a Rubik's Cube,
 
parachute pants, 

Madonna bracelets,
 
a Swatch Watch or two, 

etc.  
Sigh.  Here we go.  My mom not only put up with my trend-following requests.  She always ENCOURAGED me express myself in whatever way I needed to.  That was VERY necessary for me to become the creative individual I am, today.  Guess it's my turn to support my kids as they do the same.

Tune in soon for pics of my newly rearranged studio!  It's almost Friday! 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...