Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcome to my favorite place...


Yesterday, I spent the entire day organizing my studio. I am a collector of many things, and I like to be surrounded by all of them. I am also VERY sentimental and I keep many little trinkets and baubles that remind me of special people and memories in my life. It's a hard job to keep everything in it's place but it's very necessary. In fact, when things are out of order, (as they were during the holidays,) I find it hard to keep the creativity flowing. I just can't work like that. :) As I was finding the perfect home for every little postcard, button, and inspirational momento, I realized how happy I am in this space. I love everything about my studio. There are so many reminders here of my amazing life. I LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY. I would like to give you a small tour of my favorite place, and give you a little history of some of my favorite things in it.

Come on in!!

A beautiful, ginormous tree outside the front door of my studio...
My blackboard which usually has a large calendar on it. Above that, a "magic" wand that says "Bueng," based on me telling the story of "Cinderella" when I was two.

My collage of pictures, artwork, and "M's" for Mimi, of course!!

My collection of plastic mini animals. You can find photos of them here...
My shadow box filled with sweet little memories...

Some of my favorite things: Penelope wearing two of my Christmas presents, my little naked lady (a treat to myself after Holiday Handmade,) and my pink, sparkly Russian nesting dolls (nesting right now.)

My rubber stamp cabinet, my polaroids, and my "Creating Keepsakes" magazines...

My polariod picture collection...

This 4-drawer piece is "old skool" Decade. We had it at the store FOREVER and used it as storage. Now I use it for storage in my studio...

This is my workspace and my inspiration wall. I love working here...

Meet Georgette, my beautiful vintage dress form all decked out in her Feltie Delights by Fern and Sprout, and hanging on the door is "Annie" a handmade birthday doll I received several years ago. Behind Georgette is a painting I picked up several years ago. It's the sweetest painting and I get compliment after compliment about how sweet it is...

This armoire holds the majority of my scrapbooking supplies. On top are my jars filled with various collections like marbles, bouncie balls, buttons, and wooden spools. I also have the every single issue of "DOMINO" magazine which, sadly, is no longer with us...

Some pictures of my friends and my plastic mini fawn collection (along with a funny sign and some cute little notebooks...

My blue bowl of goodies...miniature plastic food, rocks painted by my monkeys, and a set of antique fortune telling cards...

Austin Power's silhouette - Yeah baby!!

My junior high button collection...

Set of 3 bunny paintings I did last summer, (there are actually 4 but one fell behind the bookshelf)...

"Found" magazine, (check out this letter on the cover - hilarious.)...a Christmas gift from my friend, Slug...
z
My favorite green bookshelf my sweet little books and journals...
Vintage rollerskates I got for Mother's Day...check out the wooden wheels...

My "Lucky" mag stash in an antique locker basket...

More goodies: an antique vase from my friend, Tracy, 2 very special roses that remind me of my grandparents, a vintage cottage cheese bucket my man gave
My colored pencils, a petite kitty, and a vintage noisemaker...
"fern and sprout" and part of my rubber stamp collection...

My polaroid collection...
Part of my childhood smurf collection and two paintings inspired by my dog and cat...

My childhood sock monkey and two "poofy delights" inspired by my cat and dog...
Some tiny notebooks, scrapbook tools, and a rhinestone evening bag - an unlikely combo...

My kitty tape dispenser and pink stapler...

Mounds and mounds of scrapbook paper ready to be transformed...

2 of my favorite things: my pink framed bulletin board and my comfy chair. Every studio needs a comfy chair.

Valentine's Day is coming. Here's a preview...

3 comments:

  1. I got some of your shoe clips for Christmas and I love them! So fun to know about your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like them! Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...