Saturday, January 30, 2010

Neglecting my passion



As I was reading one of my new favorite blogs, "Lost in the Attic with Cupcakes," I realized I haven't written about one of my dearest passions. I haven't been spending enough time on it, lately. In fact, I have been so busy with my NEW passion - Fern and Sprout - that I have been completely neglecting my other creative passion. This is something that gets my blood pumping, my inspiration flowing, and my heart racing. I am talking about SCRAPBOOKING.

I hope you don't mind if I share this creative love with you.

I started scrapbooking eight years ago, after Evan was born, but it really became a passion about six years ago. Since then, I have been growing as an artist and collecting oodles and oodles of supplies.

When most people hear the word "scrapbooking," they usually think of bubble letters, and cheezeball stickers. Don't get me wrong...there are PLENTY of supplies out there to fit that criteria. But I am here to show you that scrapbooking is much more than a few bubble letters, and some pink heart stickers. As I look back on the pages I have created, so many emotions and memories come flooding into my heart. I scrapbook, not only to remember an event or a milestone, but to capture the essence of the feelings I had in that moment. That is where my passion comes from.

I'd like to share some of my favorite pages I've done in the past year...





...and here are some of my older pages...














Some of these pages were "scrap-lifted," meaning I borrowed someone else's layout, and put my own twist on it. I used my own pics, paper, and embellishments. In the world of scrapbooking, it's okay to do this.

It's the small details that I love most about all of these pages...












As you can tell, I like bling, ribbon, embroidery thread, rub-ons, and any kind of letters at all. Thanks for letting me share one of my other passions with you. I don't talk about it enough. I miss it so much, I am going to start trying to make time for it, at least one day a week. Stay inspired and have a delightful day!

4 comments:

  1. Love. Every. Single. Page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Becky, especially : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW that i can post on your blog (hairflip)...LOVE these pages, love them. can't wait to get your goodies to you. loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the looooooooooove, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...