Saturday, July 3, 2010

A hot one...but a good one.

Happy 4th O' July!!!!

Good grief!!!!!!! It was sooooooooooo hot, yesterday! But we braved it for a little inspiration at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival. Every year, I look forward to seeing these amazing artists. I get so dazzled and wrapped up in what I see. I just looooooooooooove it. The day was fantastic for the art, the people watching, the q.t. with my man, and getting to hang with my friend, Kiwi.

But there's one thing that really made the Arts Festival so wonderful this year...I reconnected with my dear friend, Cori. We have not spoken in years, and last time we did, it was not on a good note. So it felt so wonderful to give her a hug and congratulate her on making it in to the festival. She is probably the most inspiring artist I have known. Her work blows me away. In fact, the first time I ever saw one of her paintings, I burst into tears. You can see her work here.

You can follow her blog here.

I have missed our friendship, so I hope we can reconnect, and grow a new chapter in our friendship, and make up for lost time.

After the Arts Festival, we headed up Deer Creek Canyon for a BBQ at my aunt and uncle's. My cousin is in town with baby Crossen - who is one and sooooooooooooooooooo big.



He's incredible.

It was so relaxing and the boys had a smashing time! I think they both have a crush on Jessica. :)

Yep - yesterday was a great day!

Do you have any special plans for the holiday? We are going to a BBQ at our sweet friends' Mark and George's house! We are bringing "Snickers fruit salad." It's my new favorite. Had it yesterday at the other BBQ, Have a GREAT holiday, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...